Permit & Development Fees

Building Permit Fees

The Building Division collects permit fees with each permit.  The fees provide for checking of plans and adequate field inspections of construction projects.  For more information on building permit fees, refer to the Building Permit Fee webpage.

Development Impact Fees

Some project types are required to pay a variety of development fees. These fees are mostly associated with new commercial and residential developments but may also be required by some residential remodels. Some fees are paid directly to the city and some fees are paid to outside agencies.   If your project is required to pay development fees, you can review the Development Impact Fee Brochure (PDF) to obtain specific fee information. This brochure is intended to supply you with estimated fees to help you plan your project and is not intended to provide you with exact development costs.

Outside Agency Development Fees

The agencies below collect their own fees and you should contact them directly for a fee quote. For outside agency fees, applicants must submit proof of payment prior to the issuance of a building permit.

Sewer Fees

The City of Citrus Heights falls within the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (SRCSD) and the Sacramento Area Sewer District (SASD). SRCSD collects fees for the maintenance and installation of sewer and waste water lines. New residential and commercial projects are required to pay this connection fee. In addition, expanding a commercial use may also require the payment of additional fees. For a fee quote, contact the SRCSD at 916-876-6100.

School Fees

Commercial and residential construction projects greater than 500 square feet are required by state law to pay a school impact fee. When plans are submitted for review, the Building and Safety Division will provide the applicant a school fee impact form that indicates the square footage to be charged. The applicant needs to present the form to the San Juan Unified School District (SJUSD) and pay the required fees. The pink copy of the form will be collected by the Building and Safety Division prior to the issuance of your building permit. For additional information, contact the SJUSD at 916-971-7073.

Quimby Act Park Fees

New subdivision lots of 50 or fewer parcels are required to pay the Quimby Act Park Fee. The fees are paid to the Sunrise Recreation and Park District. Commercial subdivisions and condominium projects are exempt from the Quimby Act fees. For more information, contact the Sunrise Recreation and Park District at 916-725-PARK.

Measure A Fees

On November 2, 2004, the voters in Sacramento County approved an extension of the 1/2 of 1% Measure A Transportation Sales Tax , referred to as the new Measure A. The tax became effective on April 1, 2009, and approved the Measure A Expenditure Plan.

Sacramento County Transportation (STA) Ordinance #04-01 requires each jurisdiction in the county to adopt the Measure A development impact fees as a condition of receiving the new Measure A sales tax proceeds consistent with the Measure A Mitigation Fee Program. View the fee requirements and additional information.